Sharing what we never needed, gaining the real satisfaction we always hoped for.

40 days to think, 40 days to share, 40 days to respond (24th December 2010 - 1st February 2011)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

tomorrow we die

You know how people always say that when you die, your life flashes before your eyes, all that you've ever done, every face that means something to you, every word you've spoken in love or to hurt, the most important people lingering longer...
Imagine if in those final moments, you saw not only your life flashing before your eyes. Imagine if you saw the world spinning, imagine if you saw the timeframe of your life through the lives of others. Imagine if you saw the nations and what they went through during your life, imagine if you saw families and wars and poverty and deaths and tragedies and starvation - all that occurred during your lifetime.
Imagine if you saw the daughters crying out to be saved from sex slavery. Imagine if you saw the orphans' tears. Imagine if you saw your lonely neighbor.
I don't know what I will see during my final breaths on this earth. But if I saw all those things, I would hope that I would feel my life wasn't spent in vain.
Its time to decide. Will I change my focus from the seemingly important things of normal everyday suburban life? Will I just take it a day at a time? Whatever will be will be?
I feel a stirring in me, to rise up, to stop thinking about the boring things, and to begin to hear the cries.
This life is only a breath, a vapour, a puff ... or will it be something more, something lasting, something beautiful?
Is there a dream stirring in you? Something outside of the ordinary, outside of the box? What's stopping you from living an extraordinary life? Is it time to put aside those ways of thinking and to stir up the dream? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment